יום ראשון, פברואר 18, 2007

I spent Shabbat at my sister`s. She lives in a Yishuv - sort of a suburb, with no downtown though, somewhere on the green line. Its a mixed Yishuv -religious, non religious, people on the left and people on the right. You get the idea. Nice life, people with nice salaries, a voulnteering community, caring, gossiping, the usual.

My nephews go to Bnei Akiva - the Religious Zionist Youth Movement we went to when we were at their age. So they had this leaflet they brought home from Bnei Akiva. Few words of Torah few announcements and three jokes.
The jokes were not funny which is fine with me, I don't get most of the jokes, and only few special people can make me laugh.

The point is the three jokes were themed about:
1. People with mental health issues
2. People with over weight issues
3. Animals

Is including these jokes considered as best practice of Education for the year of 5767? I think NOT.
I find this problematic, and standing against the raison de etre of youth movements. I say this with a lot of pain. I thought the world, and its youth movements had became a better place. You see, in my days kids cruelty was spontaneous, not institutionalized.

תגובה 1: