יום חמישי, אפריל 03, 2008

Moi, the El Al scary flight Feminist

I more a feminist than a religious person.

My seat was 41K.perfect, near the window. I seated my self put all my belongings in the compartments above, got myself cosy and then 5 minutes before take off two Haredi boys around 16 approach my row (41 rocks!), and tell me I am in the wrong seat. No I said. I am in the right seat. Then, without apologizing, while talking in Yiddish among themselves they asked me if I am willing to move, so they wont sit near me, a fabulous tempting women, very very seductive at 1 am in the morning.

I thought about it and said No.

If they dont want to sit near me they should find themselves a different seat.

I could have been generous, tolerant and switch to another window seat they found (Yiddish is a great commonly secret language on ElAl flights), but I felt I am doing it in the sake of other women, why should a women move for a man??? The same with women on buses, why should they move to the back. thje man should. If he doesnt want to be near a women he should make theeffort, she shouldnt hide.

I asked the Yeshiva Bucher,what happened to Kvod Habriot - respect to others, why should I move if he doesn't want to sit near me???

The angry femenist took all over me. One of the guys called me mishegenne.old him he is absalootley charming. needless to say he wasnt happy when I asked him to stand asI wanted to go to the toilets.

Imagine it yourself.


And I am proud of it.

3 תגובות:

  1. I am a dumb male swede. I am 65 years old. I have no excuse.

    I would have been mean, in the little way. And, in the big way.

    I would have forced them, in an efficient way, given the context, to be ahamed of themselves.

    You look them in the eye, and you mean what you think, it is easy.

    It is very easy to do this, if you know the context and if you are relaxed and look at it from outside.

    And, if you know what is right.

    Lennart Frimodig

    השבמחק
  2. צודקת לגמרי. הייתי נוהגת בדיוק אותו דבר

    השבמחק
  3. תודה על החיזוקים.

    מקווה שזה לא יחזור על עצמו

    השבמחק