יום חמישי, דצמבר 28, 2006

Back in Muswell Hill.
Limmud was great, beyond any expectations. It was a tough challenge - just juggling between the presenters I brought, to the sessions I led, to the lectures I wanted to hear took a lot of energy, that I seem to lack lately.

My favourite things were:
1. the Havdala Session led by Gila Sacks, Sensitive deep and uplifting.
2. Modesty, Covering and Reveling - Sarah Joseph, a Muslim women who covers her hair with a hijab, and Hannah Kehat - an orthodox feminist agreed upon few important things I feel passionate about:
a. Men should not discuss what a women sould wear - that cannot be modest, and it turn here into an object.
b. Tere is a sense of protection or empowerment you gain by covering yourself.
C. Although men ruled to cover the hair those two women, coming from very different prespectives, found thier own reasons and rationalizations to do so. is that new feminism or feminism going wrong? not sure but I like it. It was facsanting to see the semilarities.
3. Jason Demant discussing the morning blessing of - thanks G-d for not making me a women, He brought few sources and explained his own solution. I still don't understand why some of the blessing are on the negative side, My answer to that is blessing - thanks g-d for making me a women)
4. Adi Ness -An Israeli photographer- I will try and show some of his work on the blog.
5. Gareth Berliner - A Redbridge boy doing comedy - about his life with a clinical illness. very powerful
6. Eliaz Cohen reading his poetry
7. Scratch Joseph. Love the musicul and it was so heart warming to see everyone so excited.
8. Not the food, don't even ask. really.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה