יום שישי, מאי 04, 2007

I am doing some piece of work for the Shlichut Training, co-ordinating the get to know the UK track. Last night we had JL, talking about the History of the Jewish Community and Identity. I had with me a copy of the JC with the top 35 influenctial people in the Community. J made a clever point. Last year the JC had the to 50 list -Why are the doing this again?
(Lets put aside the British passion to surveys and making lists), his argument it : The person who was nominated last year as the most important Jew wasn`t the one they hoped to. Which means - After Rabbi Louis Jacobs being declared as the most important Jew the JC had to make another list and put the Chief Rabbi at the top.
Its an interesting argument. not sure how accurate it is, but it does reflect the identity crisis the community is at.

Must admit I was pleased to see the I personally know three people from the list, Six degrees of separation and all of that.
(No, I didn`t count Borat)

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה