יום שלישי, יולי 24, 2007

9 Av

Its today. I`m not fasting following the doctor`s instructions. Its a new experience for me not to fast on this day I remember when we wee around the ages of nine or ten, we used to compete, who can fast the longest. I guess I lost this year.
Last night I was at the Merkaz Tarbut - the local Community Center. I was overwhelmed by the number of people that came along to read Eicha, Secular, Israelis, Non Israelis, Religious. people stam people and to sit together and reflect on what needs mending in our society in Israel. The words of Yochi Brandies, an Israeli author are still with me. Part of the reason for the destruction of the temple is the big cry the Israelites cried after the spies came back and spoke badly about the land of Israel, if we cried for no reason that night, said g-d, he will give us a good reason to cry now.

I reflect back: the disengagement, the war last year are good reasons to cry for me. the fact so many families that were evicted from thierhomes still don` have where to work, although the government promise them employment, the fact the prime minster didn`t resign after he war and the Winograd committee report, the fact Sderot is still bombed on daily basis, it is a reason for me to cry.

What I do learn from that is that sometimes we complain, talk badly, gossip, kvetch for no good reason. Its time to do, not to feel miserable.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה