יום חמישי, דצמבר 07, 2006

Shoot the Freak - Coney Island



I was there while visiting my very good friend E. I have known her and her family since she was in Israel volunteering on Otzma programme, and we were her Israeli family.
The families got closer then we ever imagined. I think since they got over my cat peeing on her father`s bag on Channucka, he got us all wonderful gifts (I got a Raymond Carver book), we really felt this strong bond. from time to time we meet up, her parents came to London and we had a fabulous dinner at Six 13, I went with her mom to the Whitney Museum when I was there in September. Her sister reads my blog, family.
So during my last vacation there we went to Conney Island, we were both not feeling very good. the weather was changing. and then we saw this "Shoot the Freak" sign.
It made me feel sad, that some people might think this can be amusing. Its so medieval days, or high-school play ground, where all the bullies gang up on the weak one.

It was a great day, that evening we went to see Avenue Q, that gave us the lighter-bitter yet full of love and optimism of the American/Western society.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה