יום שלישי, ספטמבר 26, 2006

Culture Shock

So yesterday I had to sort out some paper work (not my hobby) in Tel Aviv, so I met later that day with S (we share the same birthday and some life changing experiences) in a nice cafe. I walked in, waited for a waitress to show me where to sit. Nothing. No one acknowledged the fact I walked in to the cafe. nice.
One room was quite full, and I saw there is another room at the back - with nice tables and chairs, so I asked the guy near the fancy coffee machine if I can sit there. His response was:
Yes, why not??? there are tables, chairs, of course you can sit there. its a cafe - that what people do here. they sit.

In that special tone hinting the silliness of my question and the oddity of my line of thought.
Needless to say I was the only one using her napkin (still not serviette) properly.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה