יום חמישי, ספטמבר 28, 2006

I really feel quite bad about sharing these two stories, the last thing I want to do is speak badly about Israel, what am I a spy??? But its part of my life now so..

I called my former bos in Israel, I have known him for good 7 years now, he influenced me, he loves literature, he is a nice guy. His secretary, answers, we caht a bit. I haven't seen her in more than a year, we were never that close. So she asks when did I come back, she asks who was it, and then she asks if I have a boyfriend.

It made me think about the few first month in London, who no -one asked me my age, but asked about my siblings, how old they are, and if I am younger or older than them. Nothing to direct, very subtle.
Later I went to the supermarket to buy some stuff for my mother. I am standing in front of the meat counter WAITING to be served. the Women to my right looks very casual. Schemata hat, didn't really make an effort to get out from her bed. And While I am WAITING, the guy behind the counter asks: so how can I help you?? - and she jumps in, starting to order a whole chicken and its parts. And I am waiting, staring at her ( and I can stare, believe me). Nothing. Then I thought to tell her that I forgive her, because of Yom Kippur but then I realized how patronizing that is, and decided to forgive her in my heart, and to tell myself off for being so impatience, Maybe she is in a hurry? And to be honest - I don't do much now, some writing, some Limmud stuff, playing with my new phone-toy, not much. I guess I should decide how I am playing this game - If I am not willing to push back I should shut up , and not try to educate others!

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה